BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
When participating in any of the Horse Reflections program it is important that you understand the following terms and conditions:
- You are entering a private property and driveway.
- Though our teaching, coaching sessions, experiential learning are very therapeutic, we are not offering therapy unless YOU partner us up with your current therapist and we both equally agree to work together.
- Our consultations/session may take around 90 minutes, but being on ‘horse time’ that might vary a bit.
- There might be an element of risk involved when participating in activities with animals including horses.
- Horses, dogs, cats have different temper and natures. All animals, especially horses are unpredictable, especially if frightened, hurt or in any way mistreated.
- The facilitator and/or horse handler will take all care possible and follow clear safety guidelines for the benefit of participants and horses.
- Before you get to participate in the horse/animal activity you need to sign and agree to our risk form for insurance purposes.
- All the directions by the facilitator must be observed.
- All directional and informational sign on the property must be read and obeyed.
- Participants are responsible for wearing suitable clothing and footwear (hard shoes, no heels, etc.). This also includes protection from weather (warm or cold, hat, sun protection etc.)
- Some workshops might require to fill out an enrolment form.
Payment and Pricing
- Payment may be made in advance through direct deposit or PayPal (fees might occur) or in cash prior to treatment commencing.
- Pricing is for the session/workshop only and does not include any other additional products or services.
- Cheques are not accepted.
- Participants or client must be at least 16 years of age when booking a session on their own. The property is in a remote location.
- Any participant or client under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when attending a session. We offer family sessions. Prices on request.
- Prices for the individual programs/events/sessions can be found with the actual program descriptions.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
We respect that your time is valuable and we appreciate that you understand ours is too.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
FULL PAYMENT is required within 3 days of submitting your registration unless we have agreed otherwise.
Preferred payment methods are by bank transfer or PayPal. Bank account and PayPal details will be forwarded to you on receipt of your registration form, along with an email outlining specific details for the day.
Please note that places that have not been paid in full 10 days prior to the workshop commencement without explanation (unless otherwise agreed with us), will be offered to wait-listed students without refund of deposit. Payment plans may be arranged on a case by case basis. Please let us know if you would like to discuss a payment plan option! Full payment must be received at the beginning of a workshop.
We do understand that things can come up at the last minute and things can happen that are out of your control. Accordingly, when you register for one of our workshops and events, the following cancellation policy applies:
- All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All cancellations or changes must be requested by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations received more than 2 weeks prior to the workshop/training/event will be refunded, less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within one week (as well as no-shows) are liable for the full registration fee.
- Where the workshop/training/event is cancelled by Horse Reflections, registrants will be reimbursed their registration fee.
We reserve the right to cancel or postpone an event in case the number of attendees is too low for the event to be meaningful. Replacement attendees may be substituted right up until the day prior to start of workshop/training/event date at no cost, by providing a written notice of the names of the original and substitute attendees.
All cancellations and replacements must be advised in writing via email.
As our events are Outdoor Events we might need to cancel on short notice if extreme weather conditions are in the way of delivering the outcome of the workshop/event. We do our best not to, as there is an opportunity to do program partially in the stable.
In the unlikely event that a workshop is cancelled by Horse Reflections, then participants will be notified immediately by email and/or phone and offered a reschedule date or full refund. Refunds will be made by electronic bank transfer within 48 hours of cancellation or bank details provided. Horse Reflections does not accept liability for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by accommodation bookings or travel arrangements, so it is for this reason that participants are discouraged from paying for personal travel bookings more than 2 weeks prior to the workshop start date.
A deposit of $50 is necessary at the time of booking your appointment, unless we have agreed otherwise.
Preferred payment methods are by bank transfer or PayPal. Bank account and PayPal details will be forwarded to you. The rest payment can be done electronically or in cash. Please note that full payment must be received at the beginning of a session.
Any participant who cancels their booking more than 48 hours prior to a session can choose to transfer their booking towards a different session date or be refunded less a $50 cancellation fee. No refund will be given for cancellations made within 48 hours of a session date except under genuine and extreme circumstances and only at the discretion of Horse Reflections. Under NO circumstances will a ‘No Show’ on the day be refunded.
In the unlikely event (e.g. extreme weather) that a session is cancelled by Horse Reflections, then participants will be notified immediately by email and/or phone and offered a reschedule date or full refund. Refunds will be made by electronic bank transfer within 48 hours of cancellation or bank details provided. Horse Reflections does not accept liability for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by accommodation bookings or travel arrangements.
The Waterhole with the Horses
Participants who make a booking and subsequently fail to present for the event as ‘No Shows’ will not be accepted for further bookings.
Payments for the Waterhole with the Horses need to be brought in cash on the day of the event.
Horse Reflections events are held on private property and specially selected venues. Most of our workshops and sessions do require a basic level of mobility including, but not only: walking up and down into the menage or through a paddock. Sessions and workshops are unmounted and take only place on the ground. You are not allowed to ride and get up on a horse. Please make a note on your booking form if you have any special needs and we will do our best to accommodate you. We have made our best effort to ensure that our properties are safe and comfortable for your attendance, so by completing your booking, you agree that:
1) You are inable physical condition to perform the movements described above and
2) You accept any and all liability in the unlikely event of your personal injury while attending the course.
In addition you agree to the form provided on your first visit, and also that:
1) You understand that information and experiences you may receive during a workshop/session is not a substitute for licensed medical or psychological treatment.
2) You need to inform us, if you are on prescribed medical treatment (including prescription medication) that alters consciousness, e.g. depression medication or other.
3) You have read, understood and agree to the Horse Reflection ‘Code of Ethics’ and you will uphold this code in your participation.
4) You take full responsibility for your own actions and choices with regards to the information and experiences you receive during a workshop and session. Under no circumstances will we accept liability for accidental injury or illness incurred to any person during a workshop, or as a result of the personal choice or actions of a participant after the workshop.
5) You understand and agree that Horse Reflections retains all rights to workshop content, including all handouts, manuals, diagrams and instructional materials. You agree not to copy or distribute any such materials without the written permission of Petra Stampfer from Horse Reflections or Denise Cornall, property and horse owner.
6) You understand and agree that any participant who is found to be in violation of the terms outlined above, including but not limited to; Copyright, Code of Ethics and Booking Terms & Conditions will have their place terminated immediately, without refund or certification.